Monday, August 25, 2008

Crazy crazy Bee's!

Bee's aren't fun! So I had an issue with a few bee's getting into the house every once in a while. I thought it wasn't a big deal...I was wrong. More and more bee's kept coming so I had 3 different companies working on my bee problem. Two companies killed the colony...yes a colony...tons of bees were in the walls of my house (creepy). The next company came in and scooped the honey and bee's in the walls out. There was 30-40 lbs of honey removed!! Honey was coming through the interior walls and out the bottom of the house (pictures showed). My brother and I actually tried the honey coming on the interior wall (just a little taste cause we were curious); it is really sweet. The other pictures are of the actual hive and honey. I had no idea it was this intense. Luckily it's all over with. The bees and honey are gone, the holes are sealed up so no future bees can get in, and there is a chemical now in my wall so bees will stay away! Not only was this annoying it was really expensive! I finally got the email this week saying that my builder is going to pay for everything! It's a new home and I bought it only 1 year prior so the bees most likely were there before I bought it. I learned a lot through this whole experience. Bee's are aggressive!




5 comments:

The Garlock's said...

Hey Hey Hey! Looks like your doing great, minus the whole bee situation. That would be really bad news for me cause i'm allergic, so glad it was you and not me, lol. You should have asked for the honey and you'd be set for life.

Heidi Joncas said...

Kenzie!
Looks like life is treating you well. Crazy about you bee situation. I have heard stories about bees in walls and wondered if you could hear them buzzing around all day long?
Anyways I love the blogging world, if helps people stay in touch.
Heidi Joncas

Patterson Family said...

zzzzzo zzzzzick! Bzzzad luck! Didn't you taste the Honey? Was it good? Bees there everywhere...their ripping my flatula...save yourself...don't be a hero...I just puked on an ant hill.

r+s+a laney said...

hahahahahahaha. miss your laugh and your face and your body. when you coming up again? please soon.

Jen and Bob said...

Yay. So happy the builder is gonna pay up! Crazy. But what a memory and story to tell. I am jealous of Disneyland too. Have not been there for a long time, but I also like the Soaring ride very much. I puke on the big ferris wheel one. Jan will have to tell you that story. Pretty gross.
Aunt jenny