Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tribute to Chico

Chico (Cheeks) is the dog I have known most of my life. I remember Christmas day when my family was playing a game called boola boola (where you look for a present) and I found Chico in the back of the family car. He was so excited to have a new family. Ever since then we have loved Chico. Unfortunately today August 12, 2008 Chico had to be put down because he can't see, hear, or walk so we thought it was time. He was fine for a while but when he started to whimper when he attempted to walk recently we new it was time. The only thing he really still understood is "Chico want a treat" but you had to scream it and put the treat in front of his nose in order for him to understand. You can see in the eye balls of the second picture that Chico is blind. My brothers have joked for a long time that when Chico died they were going to bbq him and then eat him. It's not gonna happen now you sickos! Chico rest in peace. I love you Cheeks!

7 comments:

Case said...

Cheeks, I love you and always will puppy! I hope you feel free from the burdens of your old dog body now and can enjoy yourself in Heaven. "All dogs go to Heaven" but I have no doubt that you would be there anyways sweet cheeks.

Patterson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patterson Family said...

Dearest Chico-
I will never forget that Christmas when we met for the fist time. You were so loving and you hugged my leg.You always sniffed my ear telling me secrets, and smiled at me with that cheesie underbite. I never stoped sneaking you food under the table because I knew how much you loved it. Then the day came when you had to leave us cause you peed to many time on Dennis the jerk's yard. thanks for being such a loyal companion to my seeta. You were the life of the party. You we in all our jokes...What if chico was in the olympics and swam the breast stoke?...even at your weakest point you still had dance parties with us, you did a great Micheal Jackson! Thanks for the memories. We love you! RIP dear old friend.
Love Carli

Unknown said...

poor chico! i loved all of your guys' tributes to him! r.i.p. chico, r.i.p.

Malia said...

I can't believe Chico died! I'm in complete disbelief!

Anonymous said...

Kenzie! Hey girl I miss seeing you! Glad you have a blog though so we can keep up! Looks like you had a great summer and I am so sorry about your dog! Glad things are going good!

Staci said...

1. When did you get a blog? 2. When are we gonna hang out? 3. Why didn't you tell me Chico died!!!?? How sad! I still remember our sleepover at grandma's house with Chico and waking up to him. Not to forget him sneezing all over me...anyways...poor Chico. He is in a better place.